Wellington Discovery Tour
Join an enthusiastic, passionate, and experienced guide on a half-day tour of Wellington's city, suburbs, and coastline.
Explore Wellington’s top spots as well its historical suburbs and rugged coastline while discovering more of Wellington’s history, geography, architecture, arts and culture, from your passionate and knowledgeable guide on this small and interactive group tour.
Your guide will reveal some of the Māori mythologies, history and early settlement of Te Whanganui o Tārā, as well as the character and unique architecture of Wellington, its earthquakes, marine wildlife, film industry, the flora and fauna, the arts, sculpture and culture, the food, and the world famous coffee and craft beer scene, as well as New Zealand’s unique parliamentary system. Did we mention the coffee? There is time on the tour for multiple stops at Wellington’s most iconic landmarks as well as discovering the suburbs, harbour and coastline of Wellington with great photo opportunities along the way.
- Mount Victoria Lookout
- Wellington Cable Car (included in price)
- Old St Paul’s
- Parliamentary Buildings (including the iconic Beehive)
- Botanic Gardens (including the Lady Norwood Rose Garden)
- ZEALANDIA (the world’s first inner-city wildlife eco-sanctuary)
- Weta Cave
- Oriental Bay
- Wellington’s rugged southern coastline
- Historical suburbs
What You Need to Know
- Departs daily from the Wellington i-site (145 Wakefield Street) at 9 am and 1.30 pm
- Booking in advance is essential
- Complimentary city-centre accommodation pick-up and drop-off available by request
- One-way ride on cable car included in price of tour